- 22 Feb 2024
Road tax, how can I pay with instalments?
- Updated on 22 Feb 2024
1. Start your application on wallet+
On wallet+ fill your vehicle's information, the vehicle’s owner tax declaration number and see the exact road tax you are required to pay. Next, select the bank from which you want to be financed and submit your application.
- For road tax between €20 and €99, the financing is exclusively provided by tbi bank.
- For road tax between €100 and €500, you can select between tbi bank or Ancoria Bank.
- For road tax between €501 and €2000, you can select between tbi bank, Piraeus Bank and National Bank of Greece.
2. Continue to the online banking
Complete your application in the online banking of your selected bank by following the on-screen instructions.
3. Application approval
Your application is evaluated as per Bank’s relevant credit policy and completed usually under 3' minutes. When your application is approved, you will receive the bank’s response at your registered email. Please don’t forget to e-sign the financing agreement.
- For road tax between €20 and €500, you will be asked to pay the 1st instalment using your debit card.
- For road tax between €501 and €2000, you don’t have to pay anything at this step.
4. Road tax payoff
After your approval and the agreement signing, the funding amount is transferred to Hellas Direct. We pay your vehicle’s road tax right away without you having to do anything else.
5. Payoff confirmation
The next working day from your approval, you will be able to confirm that the road tax has been paid by visiting the official website of the Independent Authority for Public Revenue (IAPR) or download your document here.
6. Instalments’ payment
- For road tax between €20 and €500, you will be asked to pay the 1st instalment during the approval while the remaining 3 instalments every 30 days. You will just need your debit card.
- For road tax between €501 and €2000, you will be asked to pay your 1st instalment 30 days after your approval and the remaining instalments every other month.
If you chose tbi bank or Ancoria Bank, your payments can be processed automatically through your debit card.
If you chose Piraeus bank or National Bank of Greece, your payments will processed automatically through your bank account selected provided during the application process.